
He was actually excited to go. When we got there he marched right up to the door without hesitation. I was making him stop every few minutes so I could take his picture otherwise he would have been inside in a flash.

His name tag that we made during his in home visit was waiting under his elephant symbol. He put his name tag on, grabbed his elephant and went right into his class.

I had to deliver the classroom supplies, put his folder in the box, turn in all his paperwork, and get our day for bringing snacks nailed down. I was in the hallway for several minutes and he never even looked for me. Actually he didn't even tell me goodbye. I snuck out the door to 3 whole hours of quiet alone time which I spent most of in Target getting to look at what I wanted to look at for as long as I wanted to look at it.

I ran errands all morning before heading back to the church to pick him up. I got there a little early so I sat in the car and watched through the window. Every now and then I would see The Boy go dancing by. They must have been doing some singing and dancing and he was really into it. He was excited to see me which made me feel better about how he didn't care at all when I left him. He told me what all they did and wanted to wear his backpack out to the car.

Yes, it is as big as he is. The teacher had sent a note home with each child telling what all they did in class. Jaykeb wanted to carry his note in his backpack which was fine but when I tried to take it out he was adament that I do not remove it. I tried to discuss it with him but he just kept telling me that the note was to him and I couldn't read it. When I asked him what it said he said he didn't want to tell me. The child has no idea what that note says. I don't either since he won't let me read it!
I'm glad the first day is over and I don't have to worry about fits and crying anymore. I even took pictures the other night at the open house just in case I couldn't get any taken this morning. Here is one of them in the hallway outside his classroom.

The bad news of the day was that when we got home we couldn't use our toilets or run any water. Something was wrong with the pump to the septic tank. Yesterday I kept hearing a noise but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Finally when Mike got home he asked me how long the alarm on the septic tank had been going off. Um...all day. I've never had a septic tank before I didn't know they had alarms. Who would think that a septic tank would have an alarm. What, it goes off if you put too much poop in it? That is strange. Strange but good, I guess. How else would you know that the pump was not working and you were about to have one big mess all over your backyard if you didn't get it fixed pronto?
Like everything else down here, the fixing was slow going. It turned out to be an all day process. Especially when the repair guys went off to "go get a new pump" and were gone forever. Then Mike told me the guy almost burned up the new pump after installing it. Mike stood out there and watched every move they made all day. Ya see, he doesn't trust any one that our builder sends out here to do a job anymore. From experience, we have learned that they don't do the best job and usually have to be called out again. I guess Mike wasn't going to take any chances with our toilets not working again. They are kind of important to have.
Finally they finished up right before dinner time. We could finally go to the bathroom and I could finally start laundry. Mike ended up missing a whole days work...sort of. He got called in a few minutes ago. He is not a happy camper today. I am though. Not only did they get the pooper fixed but Mike got a whole lot of yard work done while out there waiting for them AND...my boy had a great first day at school.
Oh yeah...and because my child is spoiled, spoiled, spoiled...he got this because he was so good on his first day of school...

No, it's not his Halloween costume...just for play. We had a sword fight this evening but I don't think it was quite fair since he was using his little plastic knight sword and I had a much superior weapon. I was using the weapon of a Jedi...my trusty light saber. I'm afraid the force was with me.
14 comments:
The hall picture is AWESOME! I love that he did well in school!
Congrats!
so glad he had a great day at school...
that is so funny you mentioned Target...I blogged about the kids first day and I said the same thing!
Kimmy--I was really relieved...I thought we would have some fits thrown.
Tommiea--Could there be a better way to take a break then wondering around Target?
I LOVE the photo of him standing in the hallway. What a ham!
Congrats on a great first day!
We had sewage problems over the weekend too. UGH!!!
LOL That last picture made me giggle.
So glad that he had a good first day! And that your tank issues were resolved. (Because if not...ewww.)
Yarhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...we had septic in a number of places and it's a whole different beast! Hope you're back to pooping and peeing in peace soon!!!
P.S. I cannot for the life of me find a good backpack for The Duckling.
Yeah on the first day of school. Enjoy your hours of "mom" time.
I am SO glad Buster is a lisenced plumber...we rarely suffer long without water or toilets..unless he's at work of course!! Glad the little one had a great first day!!
So glad Jayke had a wonderful first day of school... and boo hiss for pooper problems! LOL
I'm glad Jayke enjoyed his first day of school. The school looks super cute. :)
Katie--He is quite the ham!
Susan--Septic problems, no bueno!
Jenie--I love the last picture!
TKW--If you have a TJMaxx in your aread, check there for a backpack. Ours had tons of cute ones. Target has some cute ones too. Yes, pooping and peeing in peace again!
Cheeky--I did enjoy them to the tune of $158 in Target!
HMM--You are lucky in that department girl!
Patti--Thanks! Yeah, pooper problems no fun.
Ren--Thanks! Doesn't it look cute? Part of what sold me on this school was how cute their classroom was!
My son started school this year too! And he has that same sword set - he is quite the knight/sword fighter now!
Very exciting day!!! I am so proud of Jaykeb for being such a big boy!!! I love the painting on the wall outside his classroom! Good thing ya got the pooper fixed! That would be a real problem!
Post a Comment