Friday, August 10, 2007

Do You Know The Muffin Man, The Muffin Man, The Muffin Man...



The Bloomberry Muffin has been found! Well, at least a few crumbs of it were found. On July 18th the Greenville News reported that Bloom grocery's 200lb plastic muffin had been stolen! The picture above is the muffin as used in Bloom's advertising before it went missing.

This story has amused me ever since I first heard it. Especially since everytime I walk into the grocery the missing muffin sign greets me. They were offering a $100 reward for the safe return of their sacred muffin. I think a 4'X6', 200lb plastic muffin would be a little hard to hide, but unfortunately, they were too late to save the poor Bloomberry muffin. His charred remains were found Wednesday.


I'm waiting to hear when services will be held. sniff
photo taken from the WYFF4 website.

9 comments:

Bella said...

Who does something like that? I just don't understand people.

Anonymous said...

What in the world?!?

Wendy said...

Katie--Teenagers.

AJ--Just thought it was a neat billboard then there was the story about the missing muffin.

Anonymous said...

My condolences. Poor muffin. He probably never saw it coming.

Sandi said...

I'm guessing the Pillsbury Doughboy had something to do with this!

tommie said...

I just awarded you the "Nice Matters" award......

Jenie said...

LOL What an awesome billboard/advertisement idea.

And then someone goes and steals it. How did it get burned exactly? Were they trying to hide the evidence? lol

Wendy said...

Kailani--No, I don't think he did!

Sandi--I thought the same thing!

Tommiea--Thank you so much~ I will post about this later today!

Jenie--I think some teenagers took it and were afraid of getting in trouble for it so they tried to burn the evidence. It was found along a roadside. I don't know how they figured out who did it.

Monogram Queen said...

Ummmmm when I went to Winthrop we stole the Big Bi Lo Cow. Moooo!!!! but we didn't hurt him and he was restored to his rightful place!