Monday, August 06, 2007

Another Conversation with The Boy

I was cleaning the bathroom this morning...Yeah, I do that occasionally...when I had an interesting conversation with The Boy. It went sonmething like this...

Jayke(standing on his stool watching me clean the sink): What are you doing?

Me: I'm cleaning up Daddy's wiskers.

Jayke: Why? (His favorite word these days)

Me: Because Daddy gets them all over when he shaves.

Jayke: Why? (I don't here this word in my sleep yet, but I think I will soon)

Me: I don't know why he can't get them in the sink.

Jayke: Sometimes Daddy is a moron!

I think the boy is watching too much television. I promise he has not heard me say this. I know some of you don't believe me but I PROMISE! I even asked him where he heard that and he told me on the movie Cars. I told him how this was not a nice thing to say and NOT to say it to Daddy. All the while trying not to crack up. I have a hard time not laughing at the kid, he is a hoot!



I was going to save this news for another post but I'm too excited about it to wait a whole day. Jaykeb started Karate tonight! He was so excited. I called the place to get information and they said I could bring him in tonight and he could join the Tiny Tots class to see if he liked it and wanted to do it. I made the mistake of telling him about it early on in the day. I brought him in to the computer and showed him lots of pictures of kids doing Karate so he would know what it is. He also knew some what from watching Spongebob and Sandy doing it. He was all for it and the child drove me nuts all day about when we would be going.

I was a little nervous about taking him since he has never played any kind of sport before or been in anything like this. I explained to him over and over what he would be doing and that it was very important that he listen to the instructor and do what he is told. Mike met us there so we could both watch. I don't think the three of us have laughed so much in all our lives. These kids were too funny. The instructor was wonderful with them but the most impressive thing was Jayke's behavior and perfomance. Now I know everyone thinks I'm biased but honestly he was fantastic! He was the only child that sat and listened and did what he was told when he was told. He had a little trouble remembering his, "Yes, Sirs" but it is only his first day. He did a bunch of kicks and punches, rolled down a mat jumped up and did a kick, and walked down a balance beam jumping off then doing a kick. We were thrilled.

After the class we heard the instructor talking to the owner and the manager about how this was Jaykeb's first day and he did better than all the other kids. Mike and I just stood at the counter beaming with pride. They told me he would probably want to move up to the next level pretty quickly. That is when he will get the cute little uniform. You know I'm all about that. This will provide me with tons of pictures for the blog and the scrapbooks. So, Mondays and Wednesdays we now have Karate. We all three are very excited and happy about this, which doesn't happen too often that we are all in agreement! Mike and Jayke even came home and went through the entire routine again on the living room floor. Then the poor kid went to bed because he was exhausted.

No pictures of the Karate yet but they will be coming! Stay tuned!

13 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Wooohooo! The man child has been doing Karate since mid last year. He is a blue belt and half way to his advanced blue.

I am so glad your little man likes it - I really think it good for them!

tommie said...

You will be shocked how quickly he picks things up. Good for Jayke!

Anonymous said...

how fun to spar in the living room... just be careful one of you doesn't get your teeth knocked out on accident : )

and... i believe you!

Anonymous said...

LOL about the whiskers in the sink...

Congrats on the karate thing! SD is ready to enroll the girls ASAP...I think I want to wait until they can both do it so there's not the Little Sibling Who Has To Sit Out Issue.

Monogram Queen said...

Aww that is awesome! We are thinking about trying dance....
Can't wait to see pics & hear the stories. Go Jayke!

Tresa said...

good for jaykeb, i get that proud feeling all the time watching our herd doing things. Caleb, Catlin and Courtney did Karate... Coutney quit at brown stipe, caleb at brown and Catlin at red.... i was so mad.

Tell jayke good luck for us

Anonymous said...

My nephew took Karate for a while, and he LOVED it. And, it's so fun to watch those little bitty kids doing those moves.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Halfmexican Mama said...

That is so cool! The karate thing I mean!

Wendy said...

Cheeky--I do too. It will be good for him to get that discipline.

Tommiea--I already am!

Kathy--It will be Mike not me cause I'm not sparring with him. He already wants to beat up on me enough the way it is!

TKW--They take 18 month olds where we go so both of your girls could start now.

Patti--My BFF had her daughter in dance for a long time. Be prepared it is just as competitive as sports!

Tresa--Why did Caleb quit? I thought they liked it. Are you going to put Cassie in it? I spoke to Courtney for minute on Myspace the other night. Grounded again.

Robin--It is funny to watch them. Very cute too!

HalfMexican Mama--The other was just funny.

Anonymous said...

You have the prettiest hair! Wanna hate, but I can't ;-)

That's awesome about the Karate. When my Brother was little my Mom signed him up for it, but he complained about the mats smelling like dirty toes. Weirdo. Yah he's related to me, can't ya tell? Heh.

I'm going to fall on the floor and die the day my Niece says something like that! I just hope she calls Uncle Hubs the moron and not me though.

Bella said...

I LOVE watching little kids do sports or things like that. It's so funny.

Anonymous said...

Karate is awesome, it will be great for Jaykeb...it really does help teach discipline and respect for others besides how to break cement and wood in half ;-)

Wendy said...

Sooz--Thanks, actually in that picture I don't think it had been brushed. I'm sure the time is coming when your niece will start saying all kinds of hysterical stuff.

Katie--It is very cute, isn't it?

AJ--Yep, that is what I'm hoping for a little discipline and a whole lotta respect!