5 more days! 5 more days until we start school! We are so excited...can you tell? Our bag is packed, our paperwork is filled out, and today we had our home visit. The lady who runs the preschool came by to make Jaykeb's name tag with him, assign him his symbol, and give him a treat. Silly me, I forgot to take a picture! Tomorrow I will have camera in hand as we head to Open House at the school though.
Jaykeb will be the elephant this year. Every child gets a symbol for the year. This symbol is waiting for them at the coat rack every morning. They use it to sign in and locate their station for the day. Since these kids can't read or write yet it is an easy way for them to be resposible for getting themselves signed in and to their area for the day. Very cute. 5 more days until I send my little elephant off to school.
I have no idea if I will be sad to leave him on Tuesday morning. I don't think I will. We did Mom's Morning Out all last year so it won't be like this is brand new to us. I think I will be relieved to have a couple of hours of "Why?" free time. I know when it is time to pick him up I will be ready though. I miss him if he is gone too long or vice versa. I am already missing him from our Mexico trip that isn't until the end of September! 5 more days until I will miss him twice a week!
Our first school activity will be Harvest Parade. Basically it is their Halloween party. They just don't call it that since they are a church school. We will have to get a non-scary costume for that. I've already been thinking about what he could be so I can start convincing him that it is a good costume choice. I'm sure we will get more details on the parade when we start school in 5 more days.
Now I'm going to go play a game with him or watch one of his favorite movies with him because in only 5 more days he starts school.
3 comments:
First! Woo Hoo I was firs on JDs blogtoday too...im on a roll...!!! AN ELEPHANT! Howcuteisthat!!!
Trust me, Labor Day will become your favorite holiday for the next 12 or so years!
OH MY DEAR,,,,,,,,,,,, you just wait, when he is 16 you will be pushing him out the door a week early. Hang on to him as long as you can.
Post a Comment