Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Poor Mike!

We had a little storm come through the neighborhood this evening. I was trying to nap on the couch when I started to hear the thunder rumble off in the distance. I figured it would be a quick thunderstorm like we ususally get. I was just about asleep when Mike came in and told me about this...



We have 3 big trees down out by the garden. This one barely missed our barn, but as you can see, Mike's truck wasn't so lucky. There are three more ready to go that would land on our kennel fence so we need to get them down asap.



Poor Mike. He loved that old truck. The whole back end is bent up. It isn't worth fixing. We just had a new transmission put in that thing too. Figures.

While I was out taking pictures of the truck disaster I decided to get one of the flower bed that Mom and Jim helped us put in last time they were here. I wanted Mom to be able to see how much everything has grown. Next year I hope to get some more stuff in this thing but for now I think It is looking pretty good.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Wow! I heard about damage in Anderson, and actually thought about you guys. And they're calling for more storms today. UGH!

tommie said...

That poor truck!

Your flower bed looks great! I need to spend some time in mine. WIth all the rain we have had, some are water logged and need to be replaced.

Bella said...

That sucks!

So glad no one was hurt!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap...that is a bad day, my friend.

Do I spy cana (sp?) lilies in there? We had those in Houston...very cool.

Monogram Queen said...

Storms were quite wicked yesterday.
I'm so sorry for Mike's truck.
Get those tree limbs away from the kennel ASAP!

MilkMaid said...

Oh man, that just sucks!!

Jenie said...

Wow! Hope you do get the other trees down before they're knocked down.