My point is I wasn't aware of how little boys act. I keep asking my mom if Jayke's behavior is normal but how would she know, she only had me. He is such a boy at times. He wants to rough house with me almost every night before bed. He also does it when I'm on the phone. He just picks at me and won't leave me alone. He wants to "play karate" or he says, "Let's fight!" I am assuming this is normal behavior for little boys but how would I know? He doesn't really do it to Mike so much, just me. On the other hand, he is a Momma's Boy. He comes to me for everything and unless Mike is taking him outside to play, Jayke is glued to my side.
Don't get me wrong, I love having a boy. I wanted a boy...I have just been shocked by how much he likes to wrestle and stuff. It is almost non stop! So, someone tell me...is this normal? Are all boys like this?

I am sick. It always amazes me when I get sick from Jayke how bad I feel is how bad he had to feel and I had no idea. He doesn't act like it affects him that much. There is no way I could not be sick after The Boy decided it would be funny to give me, "Puppy licks" all over. Disgusting on a normal basis, even worse when he is all snotty and doing it. I should have gone and hosed myself off but I didn't and I'm paying for it now. I have been trying to explain how germs work to him but he isn't getting it.
Mom and Jim will be here on Wednesday. I hope we are all better by then. We got a day nailed down that we have rented a boat to go out on Lake Keowee. I am excited to go out on that lake instead of Hartwell because I know it has some falls on it. I'm sure I will get tons of pictures of everything while they are here. Jayke is claiming he is going to start sleeping in his own bed when they are here so we will see. He has tried all on his own a couple of times recently but never makes it the whole night. After a couple of failed attempts he gets mad and doesn't want to anymore. Maybe Oma and Opa in the next room for a week will be the key!
I have to go drag my butt back to the couch now before my head explodes. I'm hoping I won't have a little munchkin crawling all over me as soon as I lay down yelling, "Lets play karate, Mom!"
10 comments:
I forgot to mention how he talks NON-STOP! Even in his sleep he talks. Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!
Mine yakety yaks too! LOL I don't know about little boy behavior, no offense but I wanted a girl and a girl is what I got. I wouldn't have known what to do with a boy! I am surprised he doesn't wrestle and fight with Mike rather than you. Good luck on Jayke sleeping in his own bed. I'm glad we never had to fight that battle, even with the boogeyman visiting. Yikes! Feel better sweetie!
hahahahahaha!!!!!! Let me just say, imagine having TWO! Yep, boys are physical. My boys like to wrestle. Climb all over me. One of their favorite games is rolling me back and forth across the room. And yes, they push each other (and me sometimes).
My mom laughs when I tell her some of the stories!
Yup, totally normal. Boys not only have non-stop energy, but starting around the age of 4 or 5, they always smell like wet grass. And the sweatier they get, the more they smell. On the other hand, they can be very loving and that compensates for all the rest!
I hope you're feeling better soon! a child to take care of! Get some rest if you can!
Caleb still tries to wrestle with me, i think he believes i'm an easier target than his dad. I can still pin him down though. Caleb talks all the time also, but it's usually because he thinks he's right about everything....hmmmmmmm who does that sound like
To repeat, normal normal normal. :)
Feel better soon!
Yep, Jayke is all boy. My brother was the same way.
Feel better.
Patti--You are right. I should never have starte him sleeping in my bed, but I did so I think we are stuck with him for a while.
Susan--I can't imagine having two so close in age wrestling with me everyday!
Sandi--I've already noticed that smell when he comes in sweaty. Yuck!
Kailani--Thanks, I'm trying.
Tresa--It sounds like all men! They all think they are always right!
Milkmaid--I'm glad he is normal. I just hope normal doesn't last very long.
Katie--If I had had a brother I would probably know these things. I am hoping I am better by tomorrow. Resting all day today!
Oh...I hate the snot in the head.
Ummmm...here's my understanding of how parenting of boys goes...a friend once told me that it is the job of the mothers of boys to keep them alive one day at a time...if at bed-time he is still alive everything is good. Mine yammer on and on all the time about everything and nothing, they MUST bother me when I'm on the phone (it's an imperative), Peanut loves to rough-house with The Duckling...I think that boys behavior is just amplified and more energetic.
I think you are doing just fine and that everything is normal...I've always said that it takes very special women to raise boys so kudos to you!
Post a Comment