Monday, July 23, 2007

It's Time to Up My Dosage!

I think I have reached a new degree of psycho. I have screwed up my sleeping pattern so bad I don't know how to get it right again. I have done this in the past. I know what causes it and how to prevent it but I can't help myself. I am a night owl. I love being up late at night all by myself. I get a lot done with no one to interupt me. Tonight I spent 3 hours cleaning and organizing Jayke's room. Normally I would have made him help me but I didn't want any arguments so I did it without him. The trick now will be keeping it that way until after Wednesday when Oma and Opa get here.

The first time I had a run in with insomnia was when I was living at home after leaving Ball State and not having a car or a job. I was bored out of my mind and would just stay up all night since I didn't have anything to get up for. I'm sure I was depressed too but that is a whole other conversation.

I have gotten my sleep screwed up a couple of times since living here but not like this. I'm writing this at 6:20 a.m. and I have not been to bed yet. I think it started with that stupid Big Brother 8 being shown on Showtime from midnight to 3 a.m. I started staying up to watch that but I could go to bed at 3 and still get up around 9a.m. and everything was fine. Then I got sick and couldn't go to sleep at 3 anymore so I am staying up all night. Last night I thought I would get a handle on it by taking some Tylenol pms but I waited too long. I took them too late and was feeling the effects all day. I couldn't wake up. I did manage to go to bed around 4a.m. but because I took the pills too late I couldn't wake up all day.

Right now I feel like I could easily go do a few loads of laundry, dust the entire house, and unload the dishwasher. Nuts. Jayke is up now too. He got up at 5 a.m. when Mike left for work. I have to fix this fast or I will have him all screwed up too. Tonight I am taking the Tylenol at 10 p.m. so I can be in bed and asleep by midnight...I hope. Wish me luck. At first I didn't mind it cause I love being up at night but now it just sucks and I want to be normal again.

If you are wondering what Jayke is doing while I am sleeping don't worry. I get up feed him stay up with him for a while but then take a nap while he is watching a movie or something or he takes one with me. He likes to bring his cars in and drive them on me while I'm sleeping. I am his road, he says. Sometimes he does other things though and I discover them at a much later date. Like I discovered that while I was sick he was doing this...








That is me sleeping on the couch under that orange blanket while The Boy is photographing random objects throughout the house. There were over 50 pictures that he took. There was a lovely one of my backside that I chose not to post.

He also did this...



That is Moon Sand if you are wondering and this was NOT the only place I found it. I think there was a little in everyroom. Made it easy for me to see what all he had been up to at least, I just followed the trail.


We had a Christmas Story moment yesterday. Jayke came in with a cup of ice and had an ice cube stuck to his lip. I tried to get to him but he ripped it off in panic before I could. Blood all over the place. He had just bit his tongue earlier in the day too. Poor kid, he has to have a very sore mouth today. He asked for his ice pack thing after I got the bleeding stopped. He hasn't complained since.

I got my print I ordered using my Coke rewards yesterday. I love it and can't wait to get it framed. I am on my way to earning enough to get another one and will be getting there even sooner thanks to Katie who has been sending me her coke codes. Thank you, Katie!

I think I will go do that dusting now. Maybe put the kid to work so he will nap with me in a few hours. Someone please send the Sandman to my house tonight!

7 comments:

Tresa said...

i could never stay up all night again, although i have been looking for a night job so i wont have to put cassie in daycare.
It's scary to have kids run around while your sleeping of sick. I remember when caleb and catie were 2 and 3 and they got into the babypowder.... it was EVERYWHERE. thats when we had sally(dalmation) and you couldn't even see her black spots. I was so sick, i didnt care at the time

Monogram Queen said...

Honey you and I both need the Sandman STAT! I hope you get your sleep problems straightened out too! It sucks, I know!

Jenie said...

Hope you got some sleep last night. I can relate to not getting the proper amount of sleep. Since Stephen switched to third shift two weeks ago, I haven't been able to sleep through the night a single time. I've tried taking some sleep-aids, but so far, they haven't worked very well. Blah. Hope you get back on schedule soon.

And those pictures are too funny! LOL And what the heck is moon sand?

Bella said...

Those photos are priceless! I love what my nieces and nephews deem "photo" worthy when they have my camera.

No problem, next time I'm on a soda kick I'll send them over.

I have no suggestions on the sleep issue. I am a night owl as well.

Wendy said...

Tresa--I remember the baby powder story well. I would have left that for Mike if Jayke did it. You should have left it for Tom...I would have paid money to see his face when he walked in the door and saw that!

Did you guys have fun at the lake?

Patti--Hang in there things will settle down for you now hopefully!

Jenie--Takes a while to get used to but you will eventually. Mike used to work 3rd sometimes and every time he switched it took a while to get used to it. Hang in there!

Katie--He had some really interesting ones on there. A lot of pictures of the dog's butt for some reason. Boys!

Halfmexican Mama said...

i know how u feel i suffer at least 5 days a week myself...your kid sure is a busy one!

Anonymous said...

ooo. i don't have kids but i know what you are going through. i work nights but can't sleep half the time during the day or night.
nyquil works to get me back on a 'normal' person's schedule.
i had to laugh at the moon sand though. funny.
good luck with your sleep, sweetie!

p.s. you look totally comfy on your couch!