I don't really know what I would title this post anyway. Yesterday I read an email from my next door neighbor about finding a snake in her flower bed while pulling weeds. Normally this would not bother me but after finding the scorpion in the bathroom and then reading how this snake was actually striking at her, I am now afraid to go outside. I'm dreaming about spiders, snakes, and scorpions. I think last year we didn't have any of these problems because our house was brand new and the yard and landscaping was brand new so nothing had moved in yet. I'm going to be calling exterminators this afternoon. I want the house treated for bugs INCLUDING scorpions (apparently that is something different). I don't know what I can do about snakes, but if there is something I will find out and do it. I even saw a bunch of bats flying around off my deck the other night. I feel like I've moved to the Amazon!
It doesn't help ease my mind any that when I email Mike at work to tell him about the scorpion in the bathroom, his response back was did I take a picture and how big was it? Who cares how big it was it was a friggin scorpion! IN MY BATHROOM! Then he asked me if I ate it. WTH? This is not the response I want from him. I want him to tell me he is going to take care of it. That I shouldn't spend another second worrying about bugs and scorpions. I should just go back to my blogging, my XBox games, and my soaps, but noooooooo! He doesn't think having scorpions in the bathroom are any big deal apparently. I'm going to go buy a rubber one and put it on his pillow and see if he thinks it is a big deal then. What good is it to have a husband if he isn't going to take care of "bug issues"? Geesh!
I am now going to try to move on from the scorpion in my bathroom and talk about something else. I can't promise I won't mention the little bugger again though.
My mom and Jim are coming to visit in a few weeks. Jayke can't wait. He calls her everyday to ask her when she is coming. I'm excited because they are actually going to stay a whole week and we are goign to rent a boat. We are also going to go up to the mountains and mess around up there for a day. We are goign to take Jayke to Monkey Joe's and I want to take them to Greenville to show them the park and the falls I talk about all the time. We are going to go to Abbeville to look aroound and tour the plantation home there. All of these are things I've been wanting to do so I'm excited! I need something to look forward to and keep me going. Now that I have my FREE Greenville phonebook I can look up some new places to go eat too.
I will be busy cleaning out closets and redoing some of my decorating before they come. I feel like I need to do it everytime anyone comes. It is my own form of OCD. The scorpion got me on a closet cleaning kick so I'm just gonna roll with it.
I may even paint another room.
5 comments:
My husband would have probably said the same thing. UGH
Haven't had any critters here but ants. Did see a dead snake on the road behind us one day. That was the last day I walked out there!
*shiver* No bugs, no snakes...definitely no scorpions!
Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time when your Mom visits. And yay for being able to just flip right through the phone book! lol
Um I think spreading lime around the perimeters of your yard will keep snakes away. Not 100% positive though. Anybody else?
I am still freaked out over that scorpion. I hope they don't know their way to Florence. Holee-ee-ee!
It is definitely the hubs job to be the critter killer (and I say put a realistic scorp under his pillow and see how he reacts hehe).
When Madison could barely walk we had a waterbug (some call them palmetto bugs they are huge reddish/black things and some can FLY) and I handed her my flip flop and said "HIT IT MADDIE!" she whacking away. Killed it too. Unfortunately as she's grown older she's inheritated Mommy's screaming fear of bugs so now won't kill them for me. We have to rely on Daddy. We are also not above tossing a brick in the general direction of said bug and running like hell.
Susan--A dead snake is the best kind!
Jenie--Can't wait for my mom to come. Phonebooks are $50 that is why I'm excited about the FREE one!
Patti--I might have to try the brick trick. I'm going to tell Mike about the spreading lime thing. Can't hurt!
Jayke is afraid of bugs too. Probably from me over reacting to things. I try not to but just can't help it!
Typical male response! Grrr!
Good luck with all of your bugs and stuff...I hate bugs, and I'm pretty sure I would NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT be ok with scorpions in or near my house!
Post a Comment