Seems like I was gone forever. I know I have been a total blog slacker but I think I needed a break from it. I didn't even miss it is the interesting thing. I think because I was so busy. Now that I am home again I was ready to come in here and get back to it.
I won't be puttting any pictures up until later though. Sorry. I am still in the process of unpacking and cleaning and doing laundry. Mike's Father's Day gift has been taking up a lot of my time. Jayke and I got him an XBox 360, High Def DVD player, and several games including Guitar Hero. I wouldn't say I am addicted yet but I can see it won't take long.
I feel like I accomplished almost everything I wanted to while home. The only thing I regret is not getting Jayke over to see Kim's kids while we were there. Everyone is so busy with BASEBALL that by the time they were home in the evenings Jayke was asleep or just too tired to go out. He is still a little guy who gets tired easily. Tired and grouchy.
So what all did we do in Indiana? Besides the Gwen Stefani concert, we hung out in the pool at P'pa's with Aunt Kimmy, Aunt Sherbo, and AJ. We visited Gramma RAin and Grandpa Dave and Jayke spent the night with them. Jaykeb did get to play with Angi's kids one night. He loved that. We visited Grammy, went to Chelsea's graduation party, had a birthday party for my dad, had Mike's parents down for dinner at my mom's with Grammy, and went shopping in Carmel. I got a "girl's night out" with Angi and Jen. We shopped, got pedicures and waxed, and went out to dinner and drank too many margaritas. FUN! That is what I miss down here. We also went to the river boat in Louisville for the weekend with Kim and her husband and Angi and her husband. Mike drove up and met us there. Mike was a big winner but as usual, I wasn't there when he won. It was nice to have a weekend with no kids. Mike and I never get to do that anymore.
I came home earlier than I had planned. Mike was not happy that we were going to stay longer so we packed up and headed home Tuesday morning. Jaykeb was excited to be home but kept asking Mike why he changed everything. He wanted to know why we got a new floor and a new stove. I guess nothing looked the same to him.
I have been extremely proud of Jayke with his potty training. He has not had an accident once since he finally decided to start using the potty full time on his own. He woke up wet only twice the entire time we were in Indiana. He made both car trips with no problem and is going to the bathroom all on his own now without any help from me whatsoever. There is a lot of banging around in there when he goes and he has to take the dog with him but still, all on his own. Such a big boy I now have. I thought the traveling might throw him off a little, but it didn't.
So there you have a brief update. I will try to go into more detail about things as I get the pictures up. I will shoot for tonight to do that as long as Mr. Xbox doesn't call my name. TTFN!
6 comments:
welcome back! Yeah on the potty training, that is great.
Ah i'm glad you were back. Was about to send out a search party *wink*
So glad you had a good time in Indiana! Can't wait to see the pics. Yay for Jayke and the potty training. Maddie has been potty training too while you've been gone. Woot!
I am glad you are home in the Palmetto state again.
Welcome back!
Hey Wendy, Can you regail me with your potty secrets at the next MOMS Club® event? See you around!
Welcome back! Can't wait for photos :)
Would you please hurry up and get some pics on here!!! I've been waiting for weeks now!! ;)
Post a Comment