Thursday, June 28, 2007

Back Home Again In Indiana...



No, I don't have any pictures of corn fields. The corn was not looking too good while I was there. No rain. While we were at my mom's house though, we did a few fireworks for Jayke one night. This was the first time he had done sparklers. Last year he was afraid of the fireworks. This year he loved them. I am excited about that. Mike and I both love fireworks and usually light a bunch of them every year. As of right now we have no plans for the 4th, but I'm sure we will do something.



My mom will probably kill me for putting this picture on here but I crack up every time I look at it so I thought I really need to share it with everyone. Especially her sister in Colorado, my aunt Dona, who reads this blog. I know how they like to laugh at each other, so here ya go Dona, laugh away. I know I am! He didn't burn her, by the way.




He loved the sparklers and had to light every single one of course. When they were all done he wanted to do them again.





You can see the pond in this picture. My grandfather built this pond 35 years ago. I had my wedding on the other side of it. My grandmother's house is on the other side just beyond the trees. On the other side of her house is another pond. I lived in the house on the other side of it as a child until my parents divorced. Now my mom is back just on the other pond. She is in a subdivision that my step-dad is developing called Heron Pointe. Something my grandpa always wanted to do but didn't get to. He got to see a little of it before he died and was really proud.



I always thought I would one day live out here with my family but it doesn't look like that is going to happen now since we moved to South Carolina. Good think I like it here or I would be mad as hell that I had to leave my home.


As you can see, Mom and Jim have put in a wall along their property and a little patio next to the pond. They will eventually put in a pier too. I learned to swim in these ponds and now when I look at them I think there is no way I would jump in there! Well, unless the boy falls in, of course!



In other news...The Boy is still fighting with Luke at VBS. He told me the other night that he did finally play with someone else though. Sara. I asked about her and he said, "I poked her, then she poked me back. I think she was starting to like me." Little turkey. He comes home with all kinds of attitude too. Marching around like he is something else. Tomorrow night is the last night and we will all be going. There is going to be a program and a dinner. With 346 kids having parents there I don't know how we will all fit in the church! I'll let you know how it goes. Jayke won't tell me anything about it so I don't know if he will be in this program or not. I will take the video recorder just in case though!

For another really cute picture of The Boy go to AJ's blog, It's All About Me.

8 comments:

Arlene said...

He's such a cutie, and looks like he's having so much fun!
If I was your mom, I'd kill ya for that pic ;-)
The property looks amazing and gorgeous! Can I move out there too? :-D

Bella said...

That photo of Jayke and your mom is funny!

I love sparklers.

Monogram Queen said...

You are a great mom Wendy! I love the pics you share with us. I think Indiana reminds me alot of my home in NE PA.

Jenni said...

I love that picture of your mom and Jayke. Her expression is priceless!

It's so funny about the boy coming home with all kinds of attitude too. Eamon does the same thing, stomping around like he's the man. Little turds. :)

It looks like you all are having a great time in Indiana!

Anonymous said...

Love the kitchen cabinets!

MilkMaid said...

He is sooo so cute. I do not know how your Mom handles him being so far away, I know you all don't need the guilt, but...I would .... not be a very happy Mimi. It's nice you keep her up to date on the blog with so many photos!

Anonymous said...

Hey...who is slacking now?!?

tommie said...

he looks so very cute.... That poroperty looks like a great area.