Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Too Sexy For my Bucket Hat


Note: Edited to add the WCW theme! I'm lazy like that ya know. I didn't want to have to come up with a whole new post for WCW so I am just sticking the button up on this post. If you wanna play go see TKW to find out how and let her know you are playing. No bonus points this week, I don't have a W theme.


Yesterday my boys were outside being one with nature, swatting at bumblebees, shoeing flies, and what not. All of a sudden the small boy came running in yelling, "Moommmmmiiiieeeee!" It wasn't a hurt yell so I kept reading blogs and waited for him to find me. When he did he kept showing me his thumb. His dad then came around the corner cracking up. Apparently they had caught a lizard and while Jayke was holding it it bit down on his thumb and was hanging there. He wasn't scared or hurt, I think he was disgusted that that crazy lizard dared to hang off his thumb like that. If only I had been out there with the camera. I would have made him stand there with the lizard hanging long enough to take several pictures to make sure I got a good one.





We had another night where the kiddo stayed up all night. When I say all night, I mean only until 4a.m. or so. No more late naps for him! He napped right through dinner so then he went to bed and woke up around 1a.m. wanting to eat. Luckily for him I stay up at least that late every night so I whipped him up a PB&J and let him watch news with me. After eating he had to play a few minutes with his cars. I finally go him to bed but then he wanted to watch cartoons for a few minutes. I drifted off and he was watching Sagwa or Jakers or something. Woke up at 4a.m. because he and his dad were having an arguement about him going to sleep. No more tv at night. I guess I will have to find a way to sleep without it.

Since he was up all night he was crabby all day. I told him to go take a nap. He did but a few minutes later was yelling from the bedroom, "Mommy! Can one of my eyes stay awake?" The way their minds work...I tell ya! After convincing him that both eyes were tired and needed to take a nap he finally dozed off.

Before taking his nap though we got a package from Brown (UPS) and the following cheesiness insued...

(cue the music...I'm too sexy for my shirt....)







He is all of a sudden strikin' a gangsta pose...don't know where he learned this...



The posing went on...



....and on...





....and on...




All of this started because he got that hat and these new shoes...



He is all about the shoes these days. Both came from Old Navy. He got some flip flops too, but they are a little big still. If anyone knows were I can get some black Vans in child size 9, please let me know. I need them to go with his AC/DC t-shirt. He really got his Vogue on this afternoon. AJ, you would have been proud.



He even had to run into his Dad's closet to get one of his hats to model too. He got darn mad when I wouldn't take any more pictures.



So that is what we did today...along with MORE laundry and packing. Tomorrow is my last day before I head North. Yes, I am still leaving on Thursday regardless of pleas from more than one person today to leave tomorrow. I have to have one more day to mentally prepare myself to sleep in the sweatbox that is my Dad's house. A little AC won't kill ya, man!

21 comments:

Humincat said...

That has got to be the cutest thing I've seen all day. What a freakn ham he is. Where did he learn all those moves? That is hilarious! What a cutie. I'm gonna mention this in my blog, so my 3-4 visitors can come see.

tommie said...

that is just hilarious.

I have Vans in a 10 I got at Kohls. They are tie ones though not slip ons....so my little boy doesn't even want to wear them anymore. At his preschool, they change into outdoor shoes, and since he can't tie these, he doesn't want to wear them.

Wendy said...

Humincat--Well he certainly didn't learn his moves here 'cause Daddy and I can't dance at all.

Tommiea--Jayke is getting really picky about what he wears now too. I will be headin' to Kohls this weekend to check em out, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'd like for you to let everyone know that he gets his groove from his A.J., Thanks!!!

Wendy said...

AJ--You may want to see him in action before taking credit for his groove. I'm sure you will see it soon enough. We will be up there Thursday.

Bella said...

Oh my god....too damn cute!

Kami said...

Have you tried www.zappos.com for the Vans?

Wendy said...

Katie--Thanks, we try!

Kami--I will check there...I didn't even think about them. I love that site!

Anonymous said...

He has me cracking up. What a funny kid. Love the poses.

i played.

Jenie said...

He's so cute! I love the posing! lol

Girl, if you are coming to Indiana, do be prepared to sweat. It's so....sticky. Blech. I love air conditioning.

Hope your trip gets off to a great start!

Anonymous said...

hehehee! Too cute!

happy wcw

Anonymous said...

OK..that just cracked me up! He is so cute!

Monogram Queen said...

He is ADORABLE! Never too many pics. Your Dad doesn't use A/C? Oh man I couldn't stand that! I hope you'll still blog while you are gone.

Anonymous said...

Omigosh! So, so, so cute, I could just eat him up!

My mother-in-law doesn't turn the A/C on until like mid-July, early August. Hello? We live in Arkansas...it's in the upper 90s by June!!! LOL.

Me said...

Oh what I wouldn't have given to see a photo of the lizard hanging off his finger! LOL.

Wendy said...

Mrs. Fun--He is quite the ham.

Jenie--I know...I am preparing to be sweaty for the next three weeks.

christie--thanks!

suzan--Thank you, we think he is too!

Patti--He uses it only after I have bitched enough. I plan to blog while I am up there if I have time.

Robin--Your MIL and my dad must be related!

Merritt--I know! The husband never thinks to take pictures. I wish I had been out there...that would have been a great picture!

Anonymous said...

Um yeah. What a CUTIE! Wowza.

I was thinking about the lizard hanging off his htumb but then you threw me off with the fact that you stay up until 4 a.m. on a daily basis. Woman, do you now need sleep!?!?!?

Karen said...

Try www.shoebuy.com for the shoes. Here's what I found when I searched their site for Vans:
http://www.shoebuy.com/vans-shoes.htm

Anonymous said...

How funny! He's such a ham! LOL!

Arlene said...

I get Ty's Vans at Mervyns :-)
He is so cute posing!!
I played too :-)

IamDerby said...

Love thos pictures...especially that first one in the hat. cute