I learned an interesting thing today. Apparently banks will not cash tax checks. This is odd to me since the check is from THE UNITED STATES TREASURY! Why won't they cash my check? Do they not think the government is good for it? I tried opening a checking account with it at two banks but they were too busy to get to me (I had to meet Mike and it was 4p.m., two people in front of me at both banks) so I finally just went to try and cash it and was told they wouldn't do it. I called my friend who works at a bank and told her and she said she thinks her bank does it. Too bad that bank is 600 miles away! So, now I have to go back again tomorrow and wait my turn to open a checking account...again. I'm not mad about it, okay I was at the time, but I just think it is a little odd that they won't cash a check from THE UNITED STATES TREASURY! Next year, direct deposit for sure. Hear that Dad?
The Boy and I had a huge fight while sitting on the potty today. He is adamant that he is not going to poop in the potty. I think he has anger issues...can't imagine where he gets them. He was so mad at me he was hitting me and himself. In his defense, once he got off the potty he laid down on the bed and was instantly asleep. Too tired. Still no excuse for hitting Mommy or himself though. I don't know what it is going to take to get him to go on the potty.
So, another day with no new pictures, sorry Gramma. Tomorrow Jayke and I have some flowers to plant so maybe I will take some pictures of the tiny gardener for you.
My friends are planning a trip to the river boats while I am visiting next month. I've been on these trips with them before so this time I'm laying down some rules. I'm not scared, I have backup. The designated driver will be on my side. Here are the rules:
1. NO PUKING IN THE CAR!!! This is by far the most important rule.
2. No smelly food in the car if someone feels they may puke.
3. No interrupting a really good song, like Funky Cold Medina or anything by Too Short! I can bring my Ipod programmed with our travel music.
4. Only the driver can override a song choice...this is only because I don't want anything thrown at me, or anyone else.
5. Any calls to have the boat held because we are coming from "Way Above Indianapolis" will be made by Angi and only Angi. She does it so well.
6. We will not clarify how far above Indianapolis we will be coming, it could be Anderson, it could be Canada, you never know.
7. There will be no yelling at your spouse in the car. Not even by the driver. He doesn't want something thrown at him. I will try to abide by this rule too, but since I made the rule I can amend it as needed.
8. There will be no badgering of those who do not gamble as much as others. I'm...er, I mean some people are perfectly happy to gamble their $20 and quit.
9. There will be no last minute attempts to beg, borrow, or steal money from any one else so that you can "Get well" as we drag you from the boat!
10. Anyone who feels it necessary to talk the entire 3 hour ride without pause has to ride in the very back.
11. There will be NO puking in the car!
12. There will be no "Calling the ball", we won't be in the green bullet.
13. There will be no forgetting of IDs.
14. We will leave at the scheduled time, coming and going.
15. There will be no spilling of drinks.
16. The driver will attempt to keep his speed below 90mph.
17. There will be no puking anywhere!
18. I reserve the right to add rules as I think of them.
It is going to be a great trip! I hope I survive. I received an itinerary today of what I will be doing while there. I better stay a month to fit it all in. Maybe if I spend the first week with my Dad my mom won't be ready for me to leave after a week...maybe not.
7 comments:
There are a lot of rules....and most seem to pertain to me in someway...I think I can abide...except for the puking part..ha-ha!!!
P.S. I never thought they were going to HOLD the boat for us!!!! I was simply trying to give the lady a time frame of our arrival, and didn't think she would have ever heard of MUNCIE!!!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah! Actually a lot of the rules pertain to almost everyone... I tried to include everyone.
Oh it's so nice that you have your trip to look forward to.
Um, maybe grandma can offer some tips on helping Jayke poop in the potty. Madison has done it a time or two but there is NO consistency with her yet.
Did the banks not cash the checks because you weren't a customer? Which I'm surprised at, usually, they will just charge a fee.
The rules are too funny!
Patti--I'm thinking maybe grandma can just go ahead and finish potty training him!
Katie--I don't know, no I wasn't a customer but I would think they could still cash THAT check.
Funny thing, I was just reading your itenerary and noticed Mom Sept. 29th. I didn't know I said I was coming.
Anonymous(Mom)--Someone has to come watch Jaykeb and feed my dogs while I am laying on a beach in Mexico!
Post a Comment