Something I haven't gotten used to yet living in South Carolina. The lizards. They are all over the place. There are a bunch of different kinds too. Some don't bother me, others kind of look like snakes with legs. Those are the ones that scare the crap out of me when I'm working outside. The little green guys that look kind of like this one, only green move so slow I just know I'm going to end up with one in my house when The Boy gets up the nerve to grab one. This particular lizard was just hanging out on my rain chain yesterday. They seem to like my new deck. I guess I don't mind as long as they eat their share of bugs.
Yesterday was another great day for the potty training saga. The Boy went to school in his "Big Boy Pants". I was worried that he wouldn't want to use the potty in a strange bathroom so I packed enough clothes for a weekend getaway. It was as if I thought he would wet his pants every 5 minutes I packed so much stuff. When I got there to pick him up, after his 3 hour class, I was thrilled to find out that he told the teacher when he had to go and went right in with her to do it, no problem. Yeah!
After the triumph at school I thought he was ready to go run errands all afternoon. We headed to Target after getting him his "atta boy Happy Meal", then to Ashley Home Furniture, Petsmart, and Lowes. He decided he needed to christen the Lowe's parking lot so I opened the car doors to make a little stall he could go in without us getting picked up for urinating in public. No problem.
After all that success we had a minor setback when we got home. He took off after a cat and disappeared behind the barn. When he finally came out he was wobbling along screaming, "I had an accident! There's something in my underpants!". At least he isn't constipated anymore. Poor guy. Oh yeah, he wakes up dry and goes straight to the potty first thing in the morning! That only took like 2 days to accomplish.
So enough potty talk. On to what else we did yesterday. While on our big shopping excursion we picked up a little baby pool for the dogs to cool off in now that the weather is getting stinking hot.

Jayke decided that he needed to test the pool before the dogs got it. It is way to small for him but it was perfect to put on the deck and let him play in the water for a while.
We don't have our big pool up yet. I'm hoping to wait until after the tree frogs mating season to put that thing up after what happened last year.

So, he went to school, went shopping, swam on the deck, played with his friend from next door, helped Mike in the yard, swam some more, then fell asleep while eating his dinner. It was a very early bedtime last night which allowed me plenty of time to get my friends on three-way to attempt to plan a weekend trip which at the end of the conversation, turned out to be a gambling-camping trip. Not sure how that works yet. And there is a condition that I have to gamble more than $1. It will be difficult for me to part with Mike's hard earned money but I think I will manage.



7 comments:
Gambling / camping trip. Sounds interesting. I like the gambling part.
I like camping but I hated the casino when I went in WI.
I like little green lizards. So cute & friendly hehe....
Yay on potty training. I wish I was home with Maddie all day so we could knock it out but ....
Potty training has GOT TO be one of the most fun things to do. Psssahw.
Dude. Was that thing in the house? Ack!
Yeah, not so much with the lizards! As for potty training, my sister had a great comment once when she pooped in her pants (she was 5). Told my mom that SHE didn't do it!!
By the way, I've tagged you on my post.
Kudos on the picture of the lizard, it looks great! Also, must give Jaykeb hugs and kisses from me for doing so well pottying like a big boy! Additional Kudos to you "Grasshopper"...job well done!
Kati--I'm not fond of either but my friends love gambling and are willing to camp to save money and won't ever leave me alone until I go.
Patti--I like the little green ones too. It does make a huge difference when you can be with them all day. I don't know what I would do if I weren't. Send him to school in diapers probably.
Kami--You said it!
Tammy--NO, he is outside but I'm sure one will get in eventually.
Sandi--My whole family has said that I will send him to school in diapers. I love to prove them wrong though.
AJ--Thanks, I try. I think everyone should come down here for the 4th and we can try to blow up my neighbors this year.
Post a Comment