Thursday, May 17, 2007

A Big ol' Smelly Day!

Another day from hell today. It started off fairly smooth. I managed to get up on time to make it to my appointment to have the dvd/game system installed in the new car. And that was the end of the smoothness. We were given a loner car to drive since it would take about 5 hours. Right off the bat Jayke started complaining about the car. First it was ugly, then it was too dirty, then it smelled bad. I had to agree with him on the last one. Smelled like some large man had been driving around eating burritos in it for about 4 or 5 days. It wasn't so bad at first, but it seemed to get worse as the day went on. Probably from the heat.

I thought I could distract him from all his troubles by taking him to get some breakfast. McDonalds, of course. Where else do little kids want to go eat? He insisted we go in so he could play on the playground. That was fine since we had an entire day to kill. Turns out he was a tad too short to climb up the play equipment they had which meant, yes, I had to go in with him. This thing is made for kids not adults. I'm sure you can picture me trying to climb up in this thing with him telling me, "Come on Mommy, you can do it." Finally two little girls who were a little older than The Boy came to my rescue and entertained the little twerp for a while.

After our breakfast we ran several errands then decided to make a trip home to unload so we wouldn't have to do it at the dealership. I drive all the way back to my house, pull in the driveway and realize I don't have my keys or garage door operator. I left them both in my car. Crap!(I'm keeping it clean...I really said something else.) I told Jayke to wait in the car while I went around and tried the back door. No luck. When I rounded the corner to come back to the car Jayke was standing up with a beet red face. I knew exactly what he was doing. I left him alone for 5 minutes and he fully took advantage of that freedom. I got him out of the car and took him back to the patio. Luckily I had our bag for Mom's club with us. Unfortunately I had forgotten to repack it after our last outing. I had a diaper and a pair of shorts. No extra shoes or socks though and we needed them. I never even considered I would have to change him from head to toe sometime! Got him all cleaned up and loaded back into the car. What to do now?

I couldn't go in any more stores because the kid didn't have any shoes or socks. I turned around to look at him and he was fast asleep. Apparently relieving himself in the loner car really took it out of him. It didn't improve the smell in there any though. Since he was asleep I decided to just drive. I was mad at this point and wanted to drive every last drop of gas out of that car before I took it back. I don't know why I was mad at them though, it was my fault I forgot my keys. I guess it is easier being mad at Efrem, my car salesman, than myself.

I finally got my car back and headed home. Jayke wanted to play in the sprinkler. I got it out and blew it up, yes with my own hot air, and it was huge. A huge beach ball sprinkler. I almost went out and laid in the middle of the front yard underneath it after blowing it up. I was dizzy and had a headache, but my child wanted to play in the sprinkler and damn it he was going to get to! I turned it on and he stood there and looked at then told me he didn't want to get wet. WHAT?!? What kind of kid doesn't like a sprinkler?!? What kind of kid doesn't like a sprinkler after their poor mother just about popped an artery in her head blowing the damn thing up!?! I will tell you what kind of kid, MINE! He wanted to go back in the house. Fine. I turned it off and we went in. He yelled at me until I changed his clothes...again. Then went off to play.

When Mike got home he had a little talk with The Boy about what he did in the loner car then went out to put up the pool. 5 minutes later the little turkey came in and told me he had to poop, went in, got on the pot and went. Good job, but um...why the hell couldn't you do that earlier. Oh yeah, because we were locked out of our house? No, not a good enough excuse. He could have gone somewhere other than in his pants. He even used a bathroom at the mall this morning which was an accomplishment since up to that point he wouldn't go in public restrooms. Now I know he is going to have accidents but that today, was not an accident.

Okay, enough of my day. I even took some pictures of all this but the camera is in the other room and I don't feel like walking in there to get it. I'm going to sit here and drink my adult beverage. Thank you Katie! I tried a Cider and really like it! Maybe too much.

5 comments:

Bella said...

Yay, cider rules! Yes, I have a few in me right now.....What kind did you have?

I heard about those sprinklers on the radio this morning.

MilkMaid said...

Ah...the day in a Mom's world.

Monogram Queen said...

Wow you had the day from Hell didn't you?
I like Woodchuck Cider but I have to be careful because they make me sick really quick!

Tresa said...

ok, what the heck is cider and where do i get me some. I've locked myself out like that many times, i've gotten smarter though and have given a spare to the neighbor. jake sounds like caleb and catlin with the sprinkler but they usually say the water is to cold

Anonymous said...

what the heck is Cider?