Here is Jayke with his new headphones that won't stay on in the car. Yes, he still has that stupid binky, but only in the car and in bed. I didn't want to traumatize him by potty training him and taking that away at the same time. It goes next though for sure!

We decided to go out to eat since we were already in Greenville. We ate at a restaurant called Smoke on the Water. It was right next to the falls I've talked about before. After dinner we walked across the suspension bridge that spans the falls.
I know I've shown pictures of the falls on The Reedy River before but this time I took a picture from the suspension bridge. You can get a better perspective of how big the falls are from this. I know it sounds like we are obsessed with waterfalls and all. We are. Jayke loves them. He asks to go to The Reedy River any time we head out.

This time we got to see something new. My child will not be doing this when he is a goofy teenager out doing goofy things with his friends! If he does do it I will take away everything he owns and ground him until he is 40! I guess that will be if I catch him though.

See that kid on the fall? That is a teenage boy sliding down the falls which basically is a straight drop. It looked like it hurt too. I bet those kids will regret it tomorrow when their butts are bruised. When you get to the bottom there is a big bump that sends you flying out into the water. Nuts! Two girls went down with their legs wrapped around each other and I thought for sure they would get knocked silly. They promptly left after going down. I don't know if one was hurt or not. We had a great vantage point from the bridge and every time someone would get ready to go the crowd would start cheering them on. I don't care how much cheering was going on, I value being able to sit too much to try something like that. Man I'm old to be saying this. I also got really upset at some kids for chasing a family of baby ducks trying to force them to go over the falls. I wasn't the only one though. Luckily their parents finally told them to stop before the poor things went over the edge.
We left the falls before I got really fired up and started yelling at kids who didn't belong to me. Greenville is filled with historical facts about the town, cute little buildings and shops, sculptures everywhere, and restaurants. They were having Shakespeare in the park and The Greek Festival this weekend. We didn't go to either of those but we did take a couple of picture of the boys with some of the sculptures.

They mix the old with the new as you can see one of the modern sculptures in the background. The red twisty thing. Look at the cheesy grin on The Boy's face. They also have a sort of scavenger hunt thing you can do by trying to find the mice hidden around downtown. We have never done this but while walking the 6 blocks back to our car from the restaurant, we saw 3 of them. Jayke had to have his picture taken with all three. The mouse is that tiny brown thing he is looking at. I don't know how many there are.

And he had to have his picture taken holding these kids hands. He never holds still for the picture anymore so I get him doing weird things sometimes.
So that was our evening. We went home and Jayke and Mike went straight to bed. Just in time for me to watch Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. I hate when the shows end for the season. After this week there will be no more Dancing with the Stars, no more AI, no more Lost, etc. What am I going to do?
12 comments:
I'm with you about the falls. They are beautiful, but stay the heck out! I just don't get it whenever we are there.
The mice... it's called Mice on Main, and it is based on the book Goodnight Moon. If you go up by the Hyatt, there is the beginning statue there with the book opened up. Check out http://www.greatergreenville.com/visitors/mice.asp
I can't believe those kids!
You have to watch So You Think You Can Dance. It's my summer favorite.
Susan--I will check it out and maybe we will do the entire hunt sometime.
Katie--I do watch it and love it too!
Susan--I will check it out and maybe we will do the entire hunt sometime.
Katie--I do watch it and love it too!
Oops double post. My bad.
Wendy... I know the DQ you guys were in front of in the head phone pic!
It amazes me what kids will try! I may not have been an angle, but I was (and still am) totally afraid of hurting myself. And those poor ducks.
And you can't read minds?!? My husband let me sleep in too. I just love a good morning sleep!
Aw, I love where he's holding the statue's hand, that's so cute.
The waterfall drop, not in this lifetime LOL
I HAVE to visit Greenville.
I would have seriously yelled at those asshats chasing the ducks I can't stand stuff like that!
Jayke is so cute. I love it when they are cheesey/silly.
My shows will be over with the demise of American Idol this week. Do you really think Edie killed herself on DH????
I went to college in Banner Elk NC ... we had lots of water falls ... the best Elk Park Falls ... I only jumped once but would get in at that bottom very often ... it was scary but I never "rode" the rock ... that is really nuts!
Love the pics!
Those kids are better friends with Crazy than I am, and we are tight!
Jane-jane--yep we are practically neighbors. Well, if you count a couple of miles away neighbors.
Milkmaid--No way for me too!
Patti--My mom said she heard someone was leaving the show so I think maybe she did.
Greenville is such a nice town. I love it. Could be because I am new to The South and so I'm still loving everything about it.
Kimmy--I think "riding the rock' is something you wouldn't consider once you reach a certain age and I'm there!
Tommiea--Yep, they are crazy all right!
Wow, those falls are gorgeous!! And the kids, retarded! My friends used to cliff dive all the time, but I was always WAY too scared to!!
Your boy is so cute :-)
Post a Comment