I think I need a two hour notice for a surprise inspection once a week! Meemaw called today and said she was bringing my aunt June and my sister Sherri over to see the house. They were in Charlotte when they called which meant I had two hours to get the house cleaned up and myself showered and dressed. After I recovered from my panic attack I started barking orders at The Boy and The Dad to start cleaning. I have to say they did an excellent job! Both of them helped me the entire time and did whatever I asked without complaint. We managed to have the house in pretty good shape by the time they got here which is amazing after what Jayke did to it yesterday. I hate rainy days.
They arrived literally as I was pulling on my pants. Jaykeb was so excited! He was disappointed P'pa wasn't with them though. We showed them the house, the yard, the landscaping and then 15 minutes later they loaded The Boy in the car with them and took off. At least my house is clean now. Mike and I will be joining them all in a little while at my cousin's house. I can't believe how quiet the house is without Jaykeb here. This doesn't happen very often. I miss him.
6 comments:
I always find it amazing at how much cleaning I can accomplish when I am under the gun.
sounds like fun (not)!
katie--wonder why you can't get that much done when you have the whole day to do it!
aj--don't you wish you were here!
I'm like that, too. I go crazy with the kids in the house making a mess but the minute they're gone, I miss them!
I can accomplish a HELL of a lot under the guy LOL I sound like you, barking orders like a madwoman. Glad you had a good time though. It's quiet without Maddie but I enjoy it.... sometimes!
Treasure the quiet times hun!
Holy crap, bark orders at those in my house and maybe things will get done!
Post a Comment