
We have had a very busy weekend. A nice change from what we normally have. Mike was able to go into work and come home early enough that we could still do something. We did several fun things but this post is going to be pictures of the children's garden at Falls Park because it was the cutest little thing ever!
It wasn't a "playground" type of park, this children's garden. It was more of a fairy tale garden for learning. Their were characters from various fairy tales. Little houses you could go in with storybook murals painted on the wall. Here is Jayke riding one of the "Three Little Bears". Just statues but you know how kids will climb on anything and have fun. I don't know what story the pig was from...

There were signs all over the garden with the letters of the alphabet naming all the different types of flowers. There was the cutest little Peter Rabbit garden (no picture, sorry)too.

There were huge musical instruments to play...

....and lots of rocks and trees to climb on.

So despite not having playground equipment, the boy liked the secret garden. All this was right along the Reedy River which I have talked about before. It was Artishpere this weekend so there were tons of people down there. A lot of them actually in the river wading, climbing, etc. Jaykeb had to try out the water, of course which meant Mommy had to go in with him. Let me tell you, that water was extremely COLD! I don't know how some of the other kids were in their bathing suits wet from head to toe. I'm getting old. I held onto Jaykeb tightly so that he wouldn't fall and get his clothes wet. Too cold for that. Their were kids playing in the interactive fountains too and they weren't even in the sun so I know they were freezing.

Artisphere is kind of like Art in the park back home. Lots of artists bring their creations to display and sell. No country craft stuff though which is why I like it. There were bands, and performers all around and of course BEER TENTS!

Mike bought a bunch of tickets and we didn't end up staying that long so we will be going back this afternoon. Can't waste those beer tickets! Jaykeb loved the live bands and dragged us all the way across the bridge and back up river to see one that was playing some lively Mexican music. I felt like I was back at the resort in Playa del Carmen. I tried to get The Boy to dance but he got real shy and just looked at me with this goofy look on his face. I couldn't tell if he was being shy or worried that I might start dancing and embarrass them all. We decided to sit on the lawn and eat cotton candy instead of dancing.
We didn't stay much longer because Jayke was tired. Before coming to Artisphere we had driven up in the mountains to Cherokee. Mike had to go to Harrah's but that will be another post, maybe tomorrow. We headed home to rest up for another outing today. Two days outside the house...Jayke and I won't know how to act.
4 comments:
We were there too! Artisphere, that is. Did Jaykeb get to do any of the kid's crafts? Michael loved them! And they were all free!
The Children's Garden is beautiful. Last fall, a good friend had her son's 1st birthday party there. Perfect.
What a great outdoor event for the family. Looks very educational, too! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time.
Kailani
An Island Life
what fun, your so lucky mike will go to those things with you. It sounds like you guys picked the perfect place to move to, madison just isn't all that exciting to me. but we would welcome company at any time
Susan, I wondered if you guys were there while we were there because I saw one of the moms from Mom's Club and it made me think of you. There were a lot of people there. We didn't do any of the crafts...got there too late. We were in the park most of the time and didn't discover the crafts until they were about to close. We still enjoyed it though.
Kailani--Thanks, we did have fun and Jaykeb likes educational stuff just as well as he does anything else.
Tresa--I was thinking we all should meet in Gatlinburg this summer. There is so much for kids to do there and I know your mom has said she would like to go there too. I meant to call them but we were so busy all weekend I didn't get around to it.
Post a Comment