Thursday, April 19, 2007

Show me The Money!

I'm hating the IRS and my mailbox! I have become a slave to the mailman. Every day waiting patiently for him to arrive then rushing to the little white box out in front of my house that will one day contain riches. Just to be greatly disappointed and sulking back to my piles of laundry and trips to the fridge to fetch his royal highness his chocolate milk. I have to blame someone for this so today I will blame my tax preparer for not filing my taxes electronically. Thanks a lot Dad. Checking the IRS website is no help either. They give you an ETA of from now until a gazillion years from now (two months)that you could be waiting to receive your shopping...I mean bill paying money. WTH? Don't they know I have dogs who need to go to the vet, debt to pay off, a plasma tv to buy? I need to be able to see Jack Bauer's face more clearly! I haven't gotten anything fun in the mail all week. No magazines, no catalogs, no free flower bulb offers...Nothing. I've been banned from ebay so no fun packages to open either. The Boy has even been bummed lately that he isn't getting any mail. No cards from the grammas, no packages containing more toys he doesn't need. We have been let down by the little white box of treasures. The only thing it brings us anymore are credit card offers, student loan consolidation offers, and crap from the American Legion. They may need to start making Zoloft in gum form so I can chew it on the way out to the box of disappointment.

4 comments:

Tresa said...

hahahahahah i feel the same way, as for ebay, start selling jaykebs stuff, thats what i'm doin and i'm rakin in the cash and tom has NO IDEA... so it's ALL my money. Try it

Monogram Queen said...

It's funny but I got kinda spoiled getting cool stuff in the mail for awhile too! I'm about to hit eBay selling Madison's clothes like Tresa said :)

Bella said...

IRS mails payments on Fridays.

My mailbox has been sad too.

Wendy said...

Tresa--I sell Jaykeb's stuff at a consignment store and it is working out well. I need to start welling some of his toys though. That is when I will hit the mother load.

Patti--It's sad when it all stops coming!

Kati--Thanks, maybe they will mail mine today! I'm cheered up already.