We started out the day on the playground outside the zoo. It was a little chilly but once we got inside where the wind wasn't able to hit us it was fine. The zoo was a really nice little zoo. It was just the right size for a little guy like mine. We didn't get to tired, there was enough to keep us both entertained, but not too much to overwhelm us.
The first thing we saw were the elephants. Two of them eating hay and doing whatever it is elephants do. Jaykeb LOVED the elephants.

I think my favorite part of the trip was when this little guy started entertaining us...
He would hang upside down from the top of his cage swinging and all the monkeys were going nuts making monkey noises. I was told they do that every morning. They had lots of monkeys in this zoo. Here is a rare breed of Monkey I've never seen before...

I didn't really get many pictures of the animals because they were either in areas where I couldn't photograph them or their were too many kids in the way. It was chaotic in there and I was just trying to make sure I didn't lose my child and help the other moms keep track of their kids too. We spent a lot of time up in the back on one of the playgrounds too. The kids seemed to like that as much as they liked seeing the animals. I took this one on the way out.

After the zoo we headed up the road to Falls Park. I had read about it on the computer and some of the moms at Mom's Club were telling me how nice it was so we decided to check it out. The weather was perfect and we got several great pictures. This was by far the neatest park I've ever been to. They didn't have any playground equipment (at least not in the part we were in) and Jaykeb still told me when we left that he loved it! How could you not LOVE this park?

There were rock paths that wound in and out, up and down all over the place. There was the water fall, there were fountains all over, you could wade in the river above the falls, there were bridges all over, pretty flowers blooming everywhere, and if you got hungry just climb one of the rock stairs and you were on Main Street in downtown which is lined with great little restaurants and lots of cute little stores. We didn't make it as far as the kid portion of the park but we will be going back and we will check that end out when we do.

Jayke was all for posing for pictures all over the place. Every time we would come up to a fountain he would say, "Take my picture, Mommy!" I was more than happy to oblige.

To my friends, Kim and Angi, this is where the hotel is that you guys were talking about staying in if you came down for spring break. Maybe next time. I think your kids would have a blast!

We left the park and went to Skins for a couple of hot dogs then home to wait for Oma and Opa to get here. I am going to try to take them to the park while they are here.

I took this picture of The Boy in the flowers for my grandma. I know she will like it! You can see more pictures and read more about the park by clicking here. The main attraction of the park is the Liberty Bridge. A suspension bridge that spans the falls below. It is really interesting because of the way it curves and appears to be floating. It is, "unique in it's geometry and there is nothing like it anywhere else in the US" Here is a picture of the bridge at night featured on the website. You can't tell from this picture the degree of the curve. It is a lot more severe than it appears in the picture. Jaykeb thought it was "cool". I would like to see it at night.

So that was a our day. Lots of fresh air, lots of exercise, and lots of fun. Who could ask for more?
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I need to get back to the zoo!
I seriously think it's impossible to take good pictures at the zoo! Yours are pretty cute though, and the last one is really cool :-)
Arlene--It is hard to take pictures any where you take him! He doesn't hold still EVER!
Post a Comment