
Since The Boy already thinks I'm no fun I decided to convince him I'm no fun AND mean. I actually made him pick up his toys today. GASP! You would have thought I had pulled his toenails out or some other kind of torture. The tears the snot the screaming. My mom told me 3 is way worse than 2 and she wasn't kidding. Only 9 more months until he is 4 and hopefully gets over this screaming, everything revolves around him business. I don't have any idea why he would act that way...a hem. I certainly don't know anyone like that...snicker. He told me I am "Giant mean". I guess that is his way of expressing REALLY mean. Well, he is going to be GIANT upset when I get a GIANT trash bag for his GIANT pile of cars in the middle of my kitchen floor. What, you don't believe me? I'm getting tougher. Just this morning I didn't give in to him when he wouldn't use the potty but still wanted something out of my WalMart $.88 bag of rewards. I wouldn't even show him what was in the bag so he could decide if it was worth torturing himself on the potty for. A 20 minute fit ensued which I just walked away from...patting self on back.
I've been informed of the disappointment I cause when there are no new pictures or stories posted on the blog. Sorry Grandma. I will try to get my posts up in time for you to see them in the morning from now on. I hate to disappoint people. It is kind of hard to write an interesting post on our day though when all we did is laundry and throw fits. I am planning to go camping very soon...like next weekend...which I am sure will be plenty interesting. AJ has requested that I actually video the experience since she knows how I am. I'm not really the camping type, but will gladly do it for the boy and to have something to put on the blog. I don't think I want that on tape but I'm sure I will take some pictures and have plenty to tell about.
I would have gone this weekend but Mike can't go camping without his own sleeping bag. Jayke is the only one who has one. I was just going to use a regular blanket but Mike seemed to think people would think we were the Clampets out for a weekend getaway. He also thinks our tent is too small for the 3 of us. Now I have been in this tent with Jayke and my mom and there was more than enough room. Me thinks he just wants to go buy a ton of expensive camping gear that we don't even know if we would ever use again. I say we go Clampet style for the first time and if I agree to ever go again then we go buy what we will need to do it right. I will get back to you on who wins this argument.
I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow for one of the girls in Mom's Club who I really like. I try to plan something every other day to make sure I bathe and get dressed at least 3 times a week. If anyone complains I will just tell them I am saving money by not using so much water to wash myself or my clothes. Sounds good to me...I try to do my share to help out ya know.
8 comments:
you don't know how much enjoyement i get out of reading about your day, it just makes me feel so much better hearing that you have the same troubles i do. I can't believe i am actually going to say this, but i AGREE with mike on the sleeping bag... i also thought a blanket would be just fine, until i woke up freezing to death (it was summer also) we then went out and bought ALL of the camping stuff you can imagine..... 2 years later and we haven't touched it once. Have fun and get lots of pictures for us.
Welcome to the ranks of "mean" mommies. I still remember when my twins were 4 and sitting on Jenni's bed making plans to run away from home. I stood outside the door of her room listening - it was pretty funny. Then I started cooking dinner and they decided they'd better stick around!
HOOORAY for the "Mean Mommie"!!! Its all about control ;-) I can't wait for the video. By the way, I asked Kyle if he would go camping with me and I got a "NO" in lightning speed! So, I am wondering if Mike is just as crazy as you?
I ran away once 'cuz my mom and dad were meanies. I made it as far as the closet under the stairs in the basement. I was set, I had my pillow, blankets, books, a flashlight, kool-aid and crackers. I figured I could sneak out to use the bathroom when they were out searching for me. But then I ran out of crackers, kool-aid, the batteries in the flashlight died and my butt hurt from sitting on the cement, so I thought I better go back "home".
Tresa--PLEASE tell me you didn't just say you agree with Mike on something! We are supposed to stick together! No, I see his point I just wanted to make sure camping is something we would do more than once. The only reason we have the one sleeping bag is because my dad smoked enough cigarettes to get it for free from Marlboro then he sent it and the tent to Jaykeb.
Sandi--A good meal can always make you change your mind about running away.
AJ--I doubt that I will tape the camping trip. I will probably be too busy swatting bugs and looking out for snakes and bears. You surely weren't serious about going camping were you? I don't know if you could figure out how to put up a tent in a four star hotel room!
Katie--My parents love to tell how they watched me walk around the house the time I said I was running away. I must have made it to the backyard then changed my mind.
Both of my kids went through the "I don't want to clean up my toys phase" around 3ish. I had to throw stuff away one time, and I made them watch me put it in the garbage bag and out to the toter. One time. That's all it took. Now, they clean up when told!! Sounds me, but it worked!
Welcome to the mean mommy club! You're joined by those of us that want behaved children who can be taken out in public and will grow up to be productive parts of society :-)
I know you wont video tape for me, but I can keep trying to suggest for the sake of your faithful blog readers. Heck NO I wasnt serious I was just testing him to see how well he really knows me...judging by your response of a 4 Star hotel, he must know me very well!
AJ--Most people who DON'T really know you should know that you are not going camping any time soon! I think the closest thing to camping for you would be having to lay in one of the cabanas poolside at the Mayan Palace. That is like camping, you are outside at least.
Post a Comment