Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Bits and Pieces of our Daily Life...

I know the family likes to hear funny things The Boy says so today I give you this little gem. I was changing Boy's diaper today(no he isn't potty trained yet...get off my back)and he pointed to his boy parts and asked me, "Is that my cornice?" What? Cornice? Now I know the poor child has been exposed to a LOT of decorating in his short little life starting in the womb when I worked at Elegant Accents, but where did that come from? Cornice? Opa Jim told me to stop watching decorating programs. Thing is, I don't. I think he was trying to say penis and just couldn't come up with the right word. Cornice. As you can imagine, this was quite funny to me but I didn't laugh at him. Just explained the right way to say it and we moved on. Of course his dad had to come home tonight and ask him how his cornice was. He said it was good. I thought we had that straightened out!

I thought I had lucked out in the kid department when it came to putting things in his mouth, etc. He never ever put anything in his mouth that didn't belong there. My luck ran out the other night when he came to me crying because his nose hurt. I started asking a bunch of questions trying to figure out if he hit it with something or on something. Finally he told me he stuck his "sour candy" up his nose. Turns out it was Nerds. They went up his nose and down his throat. I know that had to hurt. Good thing is he told me he was never going to put any thing up there again. Hope he remembers that promise for the rest of his life!

Last time it was cold enough to need a hat outside he told Oma he needed "eargloves" because he was cold. As long as he doesn't come tell me he needs a glove for his cornice! That will take some explaining.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

It always amazes me that kids stuff things up their noses! I did the same thing when I was 5 - with a small rock! I guess it's a rite of passage.....

eyes_only4him said...

my sister stuffed an ear up her nose from one of mt stuffed toys..after a few weeks she started to smell, my mom took hr to the doc, and they found it up there..we had no idea she had it there..

green shit came out of her nose for days....


good times

Monogram Queen said...

I always love hearing what kids say, they are so funny! Cornice.. now that would've floored me!

I caught Madison trying to stick some stick on earrings IN her ears last night and she got a stern talking to. I think all kids go through that stage also. My brother stuck corn and raw hamburger up his nose. GROSS.

Bella said...

My sister stuck carrots up her nose. I was the good kid and didn't do that kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to ask the Hubs how his cornice is doing. Classic.