Warning! If you aren't a mom you probably won't appreciate this post.
I don't think you have experienced motherhood to the fullest until you have had a child with the stomach flu. It took 3 years but mine finally managed to catch it. I've been dreading this day because I have serious issues with throwing up. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to handle it. Turns out what everyone says is true, when it is your own child you don't even think about it you just clean it up and go on and man have I been cleaning it up. Poor little guy didn't even know what was going on. He did finally learn to tell us and last night Mike managed to get him to the bathroom in time. He was quite proud of himself for that accomplishment. He is all better now but everytime he burps he freaks out thinking he is going to get sick. Tonight he started jumping up and down yelling, "I don't like that, I don't like that!" because he burped and started to panic. Now I am just praying that the hubs and I don't get it and also that all the moms from Mom's Morning Out and Mom's Club decide to not infect my child and keep their sick children home from now on.
2 comments:
You're poor baby :-( Having a sick child is horrible...all you want to do is fix it!! But yeah, you're right, when it's your kid, and they're sick and miserable, you don't even think about what you're cleaning up, you're just hoping they don't do it again in 5 min!!!
Do you have any idea how happy I was when my kids learned to make it to the bathroom??? Fabulous I tell you!!
Poor little guy! Michael figured out about making it to the potty when he had it in November. He was so proud. Next time we called my mom, he got on the phone and said, "Michael throw up in potty!" Um... yea?
Post a Comment