
Last night the *binky* fairy was supposed to come. I have been trying to get The Boy to let go of the bink for a while and my friend, Kim, told me that on The Nanny they had a binky fairy come and take the little girl's binkies. I thought that just might work so I explained to The Boy that if we tied the bink to a tree the fairy would come and take it and give it to a new baby who needs it. I know, unsanitary but he didn't think of that. He was all into the idea! He handed the precious bink over willingly all the while talking about the babies who needed it and the toys the *binky fairy* would leave him. Luckily I had already bought some Easter goodies so I was planning on using one of those. I took the bink from him and immediately headed out to the rest of the house to search for any others laying around and hidden strategically throughout the house. I couldn't find a singe one of course. I don't know what that kid does with them. Anyway, I told him it was all ready for the fairy but she couldn't come until he was sound asleep. He quickly lay down and before I knew it was sleeping soundly. This only lasted a couple of hours though. Pretty soon he was calling me and screaming for his binky. I tried to tell him it was gone that the fairy had taken it. Not having it. I was prepared to stand firm but The Hubs wasn't. He wanted him quiet immediately! He said if it was going to be like this just give it to him. That made The Boy cry harder for the bink and I ended up giving in just to not get both of us yelled at by Mike anymore. Jaykeb was funny when I gave him his bink though. He kept trying to hand it back saying he didn't want it. He wanted the fairy to take it. He would start to put it in his mouth then take it away again. He tried so hard not to take that thing but in the end he did. He told me she could have it later, he needed it for a minute. So, my attempt has failed, I have failed. We will try again tonight and hopefully succeed. I probably picked a really bad night to make my attempt anyway since the poor thing had a sore throat to start with. I was proud that he tried really hard not to take it back and a little sad at the thought of him giving it up. Just another step he takes away from being a baby.
3 comments:
Hi Wendy I had your other blog linked but switched to this one when you mentioned on another blog that you had updated. Whew did I get it straight? Good!
Awww good for you and him for making an effort. Boo Hiss to Dad for being a MAN.
You may have made it harder for next time since you gave in :-( I remember taking the bottle...Ariel was pretty good about it...Tyler not so much. He was PISSED for about a week. I stood tall though, and it worked out. He did get to keep it longer than Ariel though, 'cause I knew he was going to be a pain ;-)
Patti--I just noticed the other day but forgot to tell you. Thanks for fixing it.
Arlene--you are probably right but I shouldn't have picked a night when he had a sore throat so it was all my fault. I give in way too much. I'm reminded every day by the hubs.
Post a Comment