Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Puppy


We must really be a "dog" family. Both Mike and I had a puppy as our favorite stuffed animal as children and here is Jaykeb with his pup. Mike's was named Doggy and mine was...are you ready...Barber Carson...don't ask because no one knows why. Jaykeb has not really named his pup. At one time he was calling it Peaches because in my mom's attempt to help him choose a name for his beloved she suggested Peaches and of course that is the one he got stuck on. I think he has forgotten that name though and now just calls him Puppy. Like father like some in the dog naming department...why couldn't they be creative like I was???? I'm not sure if you would call Barber Carson creative or weird. I handed Barber Carson to Jaykeb one day and he shivered and threw him down. Guess they didn't make them so soft back then. Now that I think of it he was kind of scratchy but you wouldn't have seen me asleep without that scratchy little pup when I was a kid. Mike lost his Doggy in a fire so we can't see what the kid thought of him. Luckily when I first noticed that Jaykeb had latched on to a certain animal I rushed right out and bought another one exactly the same so if we ever lose one we have a spare. It also helps when one has to go take a bath in the washing machine. I'm glad he has Puppy he is going to be a great comfort in a couple of weeks when we take the Binky away for good. Poor child is going to have a traumatic spring with potty training, losing the bink, and hopefully moving into his own bed at night. Or maybe it will be traumatic for just me...we will see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Helpful hint. Flush the bink down the toilet. That's how mine went, when I sneezed and in it went and then dad came and flushed it. I don't remember if there were plumbing issues later...probably, but I knew I didn't want that back in my mouth after that anyway. :)
Kelly

Wendy said...

That might work...then again we are having isues with the potty training because of his fear of being flushed...seeing the binky go in that way may push the training back even farther.