Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Pooper Chart

In my efforts to potty train The Boy I made this...

The Super-duper Pooper Chart!

....he checks out the chart. He was very excited about the concept of the chart but said he was not going to use the potty though. We continued to discuss it as I explained how he would get stickers to put on his chart and a penny for the gumball machine every time he used the potty then when he had 7 stickers for the week(we are starting out slow)he would earn the toy listed at the end of the column and pictured at the bottom of the chart. He LOVED that idea! So I again explained that he had to actually sit and use the potty to get these stickers...


....starting to look a little more concerned about the whole thing...

...the results of our attempt on the potty. A tear-jerking, snot-flowing, craptastic fit! This is after we got him back into his jammies and back into the living room. Out of the bathroom dungeon and away from the porcelain throne from hell that no doubt will swallow his tiny bottom whole as soon as his tender cheeks touch the plastic on his Dora potty ring. He is talking/screaming to my mom on the phone who was attempting to help by way of speaker phone. Hopefully now after listening to the whole ordeal she has a better understanding of the battle I am in for with him and his training. Apparently such a fantastic fit as the one he pitched wears one out because as soon as he calmed himself down and ended his phone call he was off to sleepy town.




Whew! I don't know what it's going to take. Hopefully he will just magically decide one day that sitting in his own filth is disgusting and want to use the toilet. Until then I'm open to suggestions if you have any...by the way, we have tried, the potty chair, potty training his puppy, reading all the potty books, Daddy doing it, Grandma doing it, taking all his clothes off and letting him run around naked, having the neighbor kid show him how it's done and all the special products they've come out with for kids hygiene, none of which has worked. If you've got anything else...anything at all we will happily try it.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I really enjoy your blog. You have a gift for it! How old is Jayke now?
Aunt Karen

Wendy said...

Hi Karen! He just turned 3 on the 23rd. Doesn't seem possible.

Susan said...

Hey Wendy!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! A fellow transplant! Where from?

Your Jayke and my Michael are not to far apart. Michael is 3 yrs 5 months right now. We live on the Eastside of town.

I'll be visiting again!

Wendy said...

Susan--we are from Indiana and now live in between Greenville and Anderson. We go to Greenville a lot to shop, eat, and when company is visiting.