
It would seem the good ol folks in the South LOVE fireworks on New Year's Eve! I did not know this of course and was shocked when all of a sudden it sounded like we were at war. Turns out that was only part of a very strange New Year's eve for us. Most of the day and beginnings of the night were spent driving from Indiana to South Carolina in pouring down rain and fog so thick I couldn't even see the lines on the roads in places. When I got home the weather felt more like spring than the middle of the winter. It was nearly 70 degrees out and there was a tornado warning nearby. We had doors and windows open so we could enjoy the neighbors' fireworks...weird. It was pretty much an uneventful evening spent with hubby and Jayke. We didn't even watch any New Year's specials until 5 minutes before midnight. I got my kiss from Jayke and Mike and they were off to bed. Much better than going to a loud bar somewhere and over-indulging in drink as in past New Year's. Guess I am getting old.
No comments:
Post a Comment