Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Future Miss Lola Dog!


My mom has finally decided to get a dog...with the help of Bella, Mitch, and Chelsea. Bella is my uncle's new dog, a Cavelier King Charles Spaniel, and Mitch and Chelsea brought the tiny puppy over to visit my mom the other night and now she "needs" a dog.(Don't tell Jim!) When she told me she was thinking about it I "helped" by telling her to get a girl and name her Lola. She LOVED that and it pretty much sealed the deal. When I told Jayke about it he was so excited he had to call her and ask her about it and tell Opa Jim that Oma is getting a dog. Opa said she isn't but what does he know? Jayke and I spent some time in the dog aisle at Target picking out accessories that Lola will "need". I had determined that Jayke needed a puppy in his life a while ago but since I have enough dogs we couldn't get one. Now he will have Lola to grow up with and play with. We are very excited...now we just have to wait for Mom to hurry up and get her! I'm putting up cute pictures to help the situation along...eh hem...MOM! By the way, Jayke is VERY cute when he talks about Lola and says her name, we can't diappoint him now can we???


Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breed Standard
Toy Group


General Appearance
The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is an active, graceful, well-balanced toy spaniel, very gay and free in action; fearless and sporting in character, yet at the same time gentle and affectionate. It is this typical gay temperament, combined with true elegance and royal appearance which are of paramount importance in the breed. Natural appearance with no trimming, sculpting or artificial alteration is essential to breed type.

No comments: