
The Christmas cards are finally starting to appear in the mailbox. I love getting Christmas cards. Every day I eagerly await the arrival of the mail person so I can run out and see who I will be hearing from. It shows people still take time out of their busy schedule to think about you and don't take the easy way out by sending one over the internet. I like snail mail too, but I only ever get that from my cousin Kelly anymore. It seems the most popular Christmas card this year is the photo card. The one you have printed off in mass at the print shop or if you are computer savvy enough, on your own printer. I like receiving them to get a glimse into people's lives I may not have seen in a long time. I have sent these before and they are very easy and save time. I've received a couple of the traditional cards and to date only one "Christmas letter" otherwise known as the brag letter. You know, the one that tells all your families' accomplishments over the past year. I'm guilty of writing these once or twice as well but only sending them to a select few. My mom likes to write the "anti-Christmas letter" and read it at our Christmas gathering at her house. It is a letter that makes fun of each and every one of us and exposes all our mishaps over the past twelve months. Very enjoyable until she gets to the part about you. This year I chose to take my own photo, print it off on my printer, and place it in one of those cards made to put your own picture in. I did this because I thought it would be less expensive than going to get his picture taken at JC Penny and having the photo cards made. In the end it took a couple of days to do. I had to go buy another box of photo paper which was fifty dollars because you have to buy ink too, I nearly pulled my hair out trying to get Jayke to sit still and smile for the picture, and I had to send out at least 4 emails to collect addresses that were either changed or somehow missing a zip code. I haven't decided my reasons for torturing myself with this task year after year yet. Is it because I want everyone to see how adorable my child is? Is it because I just want to wish everyone I know Merry Christmas? Or, is it because I am hoping that by receiving my card they will in turn remember to send one to my family? I guess it is probably all of the above but next year, I'm going with the photo card printed for me at JC Penny.
Oh yeah...if you sent us one of the cards mentioned above thank you! We love it! We are so glad you thought of us!
3 comments:
Oh, the Christmas cards...[exhausted sigh]. We're scrambling to get a semi-good family photo today--hallelujah for Wal-Mart's online photo-card process....I can pick them up tomorrow....
I've done the print it out myself thing before...lots o' ink, lots o' cutting, lots o' UnChristmasC4USpirit. lol
And, the letters...oh dear....;)
just so you know, i always make out my christmas cards (including one for you) but my problem is sending them, you would think my mailbox is 4 miles away. I do think of you, just not enough to mail it.
Tresa, it is the thought that counts!
Post a Comment