Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Jakieisms

As Jaykeb has started talking and learning how to say more and more I started a book of "Jakieisms". Little funny things he says or does. If it were up to my mother she would have me write everything he says down and I would spend my day like a court reporter, but when have I ever listened to what my mother tells me? Anyway...one of my favorites is when he told me the rhyme Jack and Jill. His version went like this. "Jack and Jill went up the hill. Jack fell down and broke hims crown and Jill broke hers crown and they got some water and poured it on Jack's head." He calls shampoo "washpoo" and ice cream cake "ice cake" Pussy willows are pussy pillows and I could go on and on. As he is getting older he is starting to say these things correctly though so I write them all down so I can go back and remember how cute he was/is. Jayke really gets into his reality tv. Last season on American Idol he really liked Bucky and Kelli Pickler. I think he just liked saying their names. Bucky sang the song "Fat Bottom Girls" and Jayke was singing it all night. The next day we were in a dressing room and he broke out in song and of course THAT was the song he chose to sing. "Fat Bottom Girls" doesn't go over too well in a women's dressing room. I was afraid to come out, I didn't want anyone thinking I told him to sing that and I didn't want them looking to see if he was singing it TO me. Another reality show he likes is Dancing With the Stars. I was watching it this evening and Jayke was off tearing his room (which I just cleaned-again) apart. Normally he is in front of the tv trying to imitate the moves the couple dancing are doing. If someone lifts their leg in the air he runs over and tells me he needs help and I lift his leg up for him. He does a bunch of jumps and rolls around on the floor some and he does some spectacular poses at the end of the performance and then I have to clap like mad. Tonight for some reason he wasn't into dancing but I must have been. I was snapping my fingers and bouncing along with the music on the couch when in he comes and he starts chanting "Go momma, go momma, go! Go momma, go momma, go!" I was shocked that he knew to say that and said it correctly and also proud that my child is so hip. I immediately snatched the phone up to call and report what my little genius said this time as I do whenever he says anything funny.(My mom gets a lot of calls). Of course that is also one that will go in my little book and I had to post it on here so everyone else can see what a smart little child I have. I know...every mother's child is the cutest and smartest in the world but who would know it if we didn't tell everyone?

No comments: