Friday, November 24, 2006

Food, food, and More Food!


Here are the boys and their boil! Low-Country Boil that is. Apparently it is a popular dish in the South. I know it is now a popular dish in our house. Basically you take a bunch of crab, shrimp, sausage, new potatos, and corn on the cob and throw it all in a big pot and boil it in this seasoning. It is kind of spicy and REALLY good. This will be the first time my mom and Jim have had it. We made it for Mike's parents when they were here last weekend. Another reason I like it is I don't have to do anything, Mike does it all. Nice for me since yesterday I cooked everything for our Thanksgiving dinner. That was the first time I've had Thanksgiving at my house and I must say that everything except the mashed potatos turned out great! Everyone had to admit, even Mike, that I had made a great dinner. I shocked even myself! Jim did help me brine the turkey but everything else was all me. Tomorrow we will be off for another culinary treat. We are going to The Beacon Drive Inn in Spartanburg. Mom and Jim saw this place on one of those shows that tells you all the best places to visit. It is suposed to be "world famous". I pulled the menu up on the web and I am prepared to try the specialty which is Chili-Cheese a plenty. It says it is a chili-cheese burger with fried potatos and onion rings "piled" on top of it. They also have fried pie. I guess the "experience" is as much the treat as the food is. After eating we will have to head straight to the hospital to have our arteries cleaned out. We will at least have to hit the shopping malls for the "tax free" shopping they have here for the two days after Thanksgiving. That will give us a little exercise.







No comments: