Friday, November 03, 2006
Broken bones
Last night was horrible! First of all Mike had to go into work at midnight so he was in bed by 4 p.m. which messed our schedule all up. Jayke kept wanting to wake him up for dinner, etc. When it was time for Jayke to go to bed everything seemed fine. We had been lying down for quite a while when all of a sudden he started screaming. I knew he wasn't having a dream because he had not fallen asleep yet. He kept telling me he couldn't lie down. I asked him why not and he finally told me because his arm hurt. He kept holding it funny and acting as if he couldn't raise it. He told me it was broken. Normally I would just ignore this but the other day he did fall off the bar stool he was not supposed to be on and hurt that very same arm. I tried and tried to calm him, I even gave him Tylenol and told him that it would make his arm heal but he insisted he couldn't lie down with a broken arm. Finally I asked him if he needed to move to the couch for a while because I was afraid he would wake Mike with his screaming. (What happens when you wake Mike is a whole other blog entry) He agreed to move to the couch. The recovery was amazing! That broken arm healed so fast it made my head spin! He was up off the couch testing it's range of motion, telling me it was all better and he was going to go play. I decided just to let him after all of that and not wanting to wake Mike up. It amazes me how he worked that "broken arm". It was days ago when he hurt that arm and he remembered that and saved it for when he needed it AND remembered which arm it was. What will he come up with next?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment